This section is dedicated to the activities that have helped other Lyme patients keep active with varying degrees of success. Medical and FDA Disclaimers Below.
Warm Water Therapy
Warm Water Therapy:
A great way to decrease the effects of gravity on the joints. It also helps with circulation, inflammation and stress. While soaking is beneficial, warm water aerobics is awesome if you can participate.
- Check your area gyms for warm water pools.
- Check for water aerobics at your local Y.
- Sheltering Arms Physical Therapy
Aquatic fitness programs:
- Locations in the Richmond Area:
For days you are feeling strong, try yoga. It’s beneficial to your physical, mental, and spiritual health. It’s a meditative practice wonderful for not only your balance, but your physiological health as well. Yoga is wonderful for anyone with breathing problems as it stretches and opens the lungs. The list of benefits is too numerous to mention. Please excuse my short crude synopsis of yoga.
Joint / Musculoskeletal issues:
Please consider chair yoga
Yoga Basics, General Knowledge about yoga:
Jen Reviews, 18 amazing health benefits of yoga:
Finding out Where / How to practice yoga:
- Often local libraries, churches, and other community buildings will offer yoga lessons.
- Consider renting yoga videos through your local library.
- Consider looking online; You Tube has yoga videos.
- Consider looking through any TV services you may have. On Demand, Amazon Prime….and such.
- Consider checking out your local stops for videos, Target, Walmart and such.
- Also, Consider checking out www.Amazon.com
- Amazon.com Yoga Videos search:
More information on researching and purchasing the products within this website:
About- Tips on Purchasing Your Items
Medical and FDA Disclaimers:
Common Sense dictates that the following is now added: Please note that recommended reading and its practicum, product information, physical therapies, and any and all advice presented in this collection is intended for the convenience of the reader. For advice on medical issues you should always consult your local medical practitioner.
The products and their practicum shown on this website or discussed in our communications have not been evaluated by the US Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Those seeking treatment for a specific disease should consult a qualified physician.